No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service

Well Treycen learned a very hard lesson today...  He went to school with NO shoes!  Yes I am the meanest mom ever, well before you judge me let me rewind...  Treycen hates to wear shoes and fights me everyday to get dressed, so every morning I lay out his clothes and shoes and I give him 2 hours to get dressed, I even set a timer and him being such a turtle he usually does not get dressed until the timer goes off and he is rushing himself as I am walking to the car, well today was no different, I set the timer laid out his clothes and shoes and I reminded him 3 times to get dressed... Well the time came to go to school, he had his back pack and he was dressed, I put Aiden in his car seat and Treycen was already buckled so we left for our 20 minute drive across town...  We arrived at school and I was getting him out of the car I noticed he had no shoes, I asked him where his shoes were he replied in a sad voice "at home" I said well I guess you will be going to school with no shoes, the water works began, he cried and begged please don't make me go to school with no shoes, once again I am explaining why it is so important to remember to get fully dressed with shoes and all...  I explained to his teacher that he has a hard lesson to learn today and he will have to explain to all of his friends why he has no shoes on...  Miss Lindsey just laughed and said we support your decision...  So my sad faced little boy walked into school shoeless, and might I add this is not the first time he has forgotten his shoes, its a weekly occurrence I have had to drive back from the store so many times cause Treycen has left his shoes, well today I was the last straw...  NO shoes No Shirt No service, that's a rule of life and I am sorry that he had to learn the hard way...  I did kiss him goodbye and travel back home to get his shoes...  I interrupted his karate class to give him his shoes and needless to say he was embarrassed, so I hope he remembers today and never forgets his shoes again...  I love you Treycen and I am sorry for making you go to school with no shoes, I am just glad you had shirts and shorts on or you would have really been embarrassed...  I Love you -MOM  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading! Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!