I am now the current daycare for my sweet little nephews Bryson and Jaxon! They are the sweetest boys and I am having a blast with them... Having two extra boys in the mix has made myself really appreciate the meaning of schedule and house RULES! I have an hourly schedule with fun filled activities and snacks... I also have 5 rules that must be followed or they spend a little time in the "Time Out Chair" I wanted to call it the naughty chair but Treycen takes it really personal when I call it that, he says he is always naughty and so I decided the time out chair was a better fit and explained to Treycen this chair is for you to sit and think about the rule you broke and how to better express your feelings so next time you can use the power of your words and not your actions aka Hitting... (He has a bad habit of hitting)
The Rules Are:
1. No Hitting
2. Share
3. Always tell the truth (Jaxon has a bad habit of lying, I didn't believe it until I saw him smack Bryson and then he told me "it wasn't him, it was Treycen") Oh brotherly Love is the best! Treycen also has a small problem with lying!
4. LISTEN (Treycen has a very hard time with this rule, he is the worst listener)
5. Play, have fun and be HAPPY
The boys have their tantrums and fights but with time I think they will all understand the rules and we can have a lot of fun!
Last week and the next two weeks I only have the boys for 3 hours a day and starting in September I will have them from 8-4 four days a week... We have spent a lot of time enjoying the sunshine and playing outside... We also have done some fun painting crafts and played a lot of Wii! Starting in September I have fun alphabet projects, scavenger hunts and fall crafts for them to do... So far the start of this mini daycare has been fun, It has also taught me patience! A lot of patience!
Free Play is a favorite and they play really well together for the most part!
Swimming outside and having their afternoon snack; Shape Popsicles!
This stinker trying to climb out the clubhouse window!
This old beat up Jeep has been the best little toy! All the boys love it!
After a fun afternoon in the water and mud they were all in need of a bath!
Now that's a full bath tub!
Sweet happy smiles is always a good thing, it means they are all happy and there is no fighting going on!
Yes this is the boys in the time out chairs!
(Sorry Tasha, I know its no fun to see your baby boy in the time out chair)
Treycen and Jaxon hit each other so they both got put in time out for 5 minutes!
They both were a little upset with me but I am hoping the more time they spend with each other the less they will fight and the less they will have to sit in these chairs!
Bryson is such a great listener, he never gets put in time out (at least not yet), and this upsets the other two but I tell them all the time that they should follow in Brysons example!
We have many more days of play and I hope the boys leave here with a great experience!
Tune in with us next week as the boys make SLIME!
How fun! They are all such great kids! This will be fun for you :)
ReplyDelete