13.1 Been there Ran Walked That! This weekend my Mom, Bryan, Sky and I traveled to the magical kingdom to run along side Mickey Mouse and Friends in the Disneyland half marathon... It was such a fun trip with so many laughs... The favorite saying of the weekend was "Asshole" I know it doesn't sound too funny but it actually was the punch line for almost everything that was said this weekend... (It had us rolling every time) We arrived Saturday afternoon and headed to the Fitness Expo where we found funny shirts that said things like "I am only here so I can post a picture on facebook" "13.1 miles because I am only 1/2 Crazy" "This seemed like a good idea 3 months ago" and a lot of other funny stuff for runners... I got a 13.1 mile key chain and a awesome runners shirt that says Disneyland half marathon... After the expo we visited all the Disney shops and I grabbed a few fun toys for the boys...
We have arrived!
Sporting some fun hats!
I really wanted to get this hat for Treycen ha ha!
Trying on all the goofy hats was fun and World of Disney had so much fun stuff I wanted to buy!
Before we hit the hay we decided to get some yummy pasta for dinner, this is the place the hotel said was the best place for pasta? This is what we saw on the door when we arrived! I guess we won't be eating there....
So it was off to MiMi's instead!
Ready Set Go! This is us bright eyed and bushy tailed at 3:30am
Waiting for our shuttle to take us to the race!
The time we arrived to the magic kingdom!
I met the toy soldiers from toy story!
They were dancing to the cha cha slide and helping us stretch out before the race...
We are so stoked to get started...
Ready Set GO!
There were 14,872 runners 66% are female and the oldest runner was Helen who was 88 years old!
Running through Disneyland!
I had to stop and get a picture of this cute airplane for Treycen...
We stopped to say hello to our favorite princesses, Bell and Cinderella!
Mom made it to Toon Town and tried to steal Goofy's car, but goofy said no she had to run like everybody else...
There was more dancing going on than running!
Ok its getting HOT now!
Pit stop to say hello to Bryan at mile marker 4!
More dancing going on!
The fun has just begun...
On our way to Angels Stadium!
I only trained up to 8 miles! So I knew I could make it 8 but I was a little unsure if I could make it past that!
We are still all SMILES!
Almost There!
We made it to Angels!
I told my mom if she made it to Angels Stadium I would carry her the rest of the way but she is a Rock star and did so awesome that I didn't need to carry her but I was hoping she would carry me...
Angels Stadium was so Awesome we got to run over Home plate!
Only 3.1 miles to go!
There were signs all along the way, some said the funniest things like: "Run faster the cops are chasing you" "Your going the wrong way" "Beer is that way" and "Keep going your Awesome" etc. There were also cheerleaders from all the high schools and colleges cheering us on... It was very motivating and awesome to see them out there cheering for us!
Headed back to the magical kingdom!
And we made it!
So proud of my 51 year old mom for taking on this challenge and she kicked this 13 miles in the ass... And I think I converted her into the running world... She is now a runner and I could not be more happy....
Our legs are on fire but we made it and we are awesome!
Getting our Loser Medals was our whole goal and we accomplished it with flying colors and time to spare!
13.1 miles in 3hrs and 19 minutes!
I can scratch that off my bucket list for 2011
It was such an amazing weekend and I had the best time.... Thanks Bryan for being our chauffeur and are cheerleader and thanks Sky and Mom for being the best running partners...
Now its time for the Disney World 1/2 marathon in February!
Wink Wink!
P.S. We did miss Britney and Tasha but hopefully we can all save up and run Disney World together and hell maybe we can make it a family tradition!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Happy Reading! Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!