I have to admit I didn't want to share this little story but I am hoping maybe there are some moms our there who will understand and if not then hopefully I can laugh about this in the future!
Every morning before school I let Treycen watch spongebob until its time to go, last Wednesday was no different he was watching his one hour of spongbob and it was time for school so I told him that he had 5 minutes to turn off the TV and get in the car or we would be late for school... I put Aiden in his car seat, started the car and waited and waited? Finally I walked back in the house and told him he now had 2 minutes to get in the car or I would leave him... There I sat for another 5 minutes by this time we are really going to be late so I honked the horn and told him he had 5 seconds to get in the car, still nothing so I told him I was leaving him, I decided to commit to my word and actually leave him, I pulled out of the driveway expecting him to hear the car leaving, I stopped at the stop sign at the end of my street expecting him to come running after me, but after 10 seconds it was obvious he wasn't coming so I decided I would drive around the block, it only took me about 2 minutes to drive around the block and as I pulled back into my street I see Treycen walking with some stranger lady and he is just balling hysterically... I stop the car to retrieve my 5 year old son from this lady and try and explain to her that I was trying to teach him a lesson! She saw him crying on the corner and decided to stop and see if he was ok and walk him back to his house... I was so embarrassed and I just thought please don't call child services on me! I promise I am a good mom or at least I try really hard to be... Treycen is just so strong willed that sometimes I have to take extreme measures... I really didn't expect him to leave the house and come looking for me, I thought he would just laugh it off and finish watching spongebob until I came back... I think he learned his lesson and I learned that sometimes extreme measures have their consequences! So far no one from child services has knocked on my door! And I am so thankful that this lady was not a child abductor or some crazy syco!
Oh the JOYS of being a MOM!
On another note: Just today I forgot Aiden in the car! Calm down it was only for 2 minutes and my car was parked in my mother in laws driveway but still I felt really bad! I have had Bryson and Jaxon with me for the past two days, and we were all going in to visit Barbara for a little bit before we headed to Tallens Birthday party! So we all walk in the house and I set my purse down and start to sit down to visit and Barbara asks me "where's the baby" ? Oh Shit, I left him in the car! They all got a good laugh and I felt so bad, how could I forget my sweet happy Aiden Bum? I must really be tired! But I know my mom forgot me a couple times when I was a baby so it must run in the family!
I love being a MOM or so I keep telling myself!
Happy Friday!
that is so funny...sometiems you have to stick to your guns to make them listen to you!! things we have to do as moms are sometimes hard.
ReplyDelete