Week 1 of Brain Balance

I was asked to keep some of my family updated on our progress with Brain Balance each week...

Its been 1 week of this program and my stress is starting to go away slowly, I slept last night for the first time in weeks...  Jared and I went grocery shopping and got 2 weeks worth of food and a ton of baking stuff such as almond flour so I can start cooking...

(Grocery Shopping Gluten, Dairy and Sugar Free can be done but its going to cost ya)

 I made G.D.S.F. (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free) cinnamon waffles for the first time and Treycen devoured them.

 G.D.S.F sloppy Joes and Treycen also loved them, and he has never liked sloppy Joes before...  
(I love that Treycen has taken a liking to these food changes and he has liked everything I have thrown at him, such as coconut milk, yuck in my opinion but we are all drinking it)

Treycen is still having a hard time doing his exercises 5 times a day, he gets 2 done and refuses to do any more because he complains of being tired....  I think as time goes on he will get better at the exercises and they will just become apart of our daily routine...  We have played lots of board games and he has not even asked to play the xbox, he does however ask to watch TV at night but I have refrained from allowing him to do that and we have started reading books instead...  Last night we went on a 2 mile bike ride and Treycen loved that so we will be going on a lot more bike rides everyday....

We meet with the nutritionist on Wednesday and Treycens lab results should be done by next week and then we will have a list of foods that Treycen is having an inflammation too and I am in high hopes that he can still have eggs....  Fingers crossed for that one...

Its been an exhausting week for me but I am getting better at using my time, I have a daily schedule and a task list that I do each day and its helped a lot...  I am looking forward to this week and I know its going to get easier with each week...

Some of the harder trials have been, the grocery store, Treycen wants to buy cookies and fruit snacks and such, luckily the Natural Grocer has chocolate bars and cookies that are gluten and dairy free...  Another hard trial has been going out or going to other peoples homes...  He has a hard time understanding that he cant have certain foods or do certain things that he's always done...  He has to play with his friends at my house or has to play outside...  His cousins came over last week and they wanted to watch TV and play the game cube, Treycen was so mad at me for not allowing him to do those things with his cousins...
(Enter Sad Face Here)

Its going to be a life changing experience that's for sure but I know its the best thing for Treycen and my family...

Ready or not BRING IT ON week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading! Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!