Week 2 of Brain Balance

This week was especially hard for me...  Treycen had to get his blood drawn for the lab tests, he was terrified and cried the whole time! (insert sad face) I also found out that a lot of the stuff I had bought for his snacks and such have ingredients in them that he can not have...  (insert angry, sad and stressed out face here) so back to the store I go again and spend hours there looking closely at every ingredient with a magnifying glass...  GRRR.... For the next 3 weeks Treycen can not have anything with these ingredients:  Gluten, dairy, soy, corn, rice, wheat, peanuts, eggs and potatoes)  So that leaves us eating only fruits, veggies and organic non processed meats...  My anxiety is now back and my stress levels are through the roof...  I have had at least 3 emotional breakdowns...  Thankfully I have an amazing husband who calms me down and tells me daily that its all going to be fine and we can do this...

Treycen is still having a hard time with his exercises, he fights me every time for at least 15 minutes and it takes every ounce of patience from me to not freak out and just give up...  They say it gets easier with every week so there is hope...  Not only does he give me a hard time and wear on my patience but Aiden has become a holy terror and he hates the new changes in his lifestyle, he also has been pushing my buttons...

 One of his favorite games is Honey Bee Tree, its just like Kerplunk but with bees instead of marbles...


We have played a ton of board games this week and have been on a ton of bike rides but there are still times in the day that Treycen gets very bored and wants to play at his friends house or watch a movie...  I have been saving up his audio time so at the end of each week we can watch a full movie together...  Most days he does really good and next week I hope to take him to see a movie in the theaters...


I am still trying new recipes and this week I made pizza with imitation cheese and organic sauce...  To my surprise it tasted really good and Treycen loved it  but come to find out he can not have the pizza crust so no pizza for the next three weeks!  (insert another sad face)  Just as I was starting to feel like I could breathe they eliminate even more stuff...

 I made really healthy Popsicles that the boys love...

Treycen has found a new love for reading books...  Yay, I have tried for years to read to him every night and he has never wanted me to and now its become our nightly ritual...

Treycens new favorite thing to do is play photographer, he takes pictures of his toys, me, Aiden and pretty much anything and everything...

I know why we are doing this and I know the end results are going to be well worth it... I am really trying to stay positive and happy...  This week was just incredibly hard but I am noticing small changes such as the other night Treycen asked me if I would come read to him and I told him I would after I vacuumed the house and did the dishes...  He then asked if he could vacuum?  Now I know you are all thinking well that's not really a big deal so what?  Its a big deal coming from Treycen, never in the past has he ever asked to help me do any house chores and especially when he wants me to do something for him or with him...  His behavior would always go something like this:  "no mom I want you to read me books right now" kick, scream get mad and say things like I hate you and you are ruining my life and then it would be followed by some door slamming or a high pitched scream...  Yes he has always been over the top dramatic...  I was so impressed with his happy helper attitude, he vacuumed the whole house and then patiently waited for me to finish the dishes...  They may be small results but they are proof that this program is working...

Now on to week 3 even though it feels like week one because of the food changes...  I will be positive and patient this week, or so that's my intentions...

I want to thank my mom for everything she has done for me this week, she has helped me grocery shop, watched the boys and has calmed me down when I was on the verge of a major melt down...  Thank you mom for being there....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Reading! Thanks for leaving me your thoughts!