My sister and I had a conversation today about dieting and exercising... I have been on this strict diet for about a month and I am so stressed about it, I finally decided that I would rather workout at the gym for 3 hours a day than be on a strict diet... I love food... I love having the option to eat whatever I want... I hate getting on the scale every morning and having that determine day, if I have lost a pound or ounces I have a great day if I have gained then my whole day is a disaster, I stress about what I am going to eat and if I slip and have a potato chip then I cuss myself and get even more stressed and depressed...
I can run 5 miles, take 3 spin classes a week and run circles around 80% of the world, I may not be very skinny but I am healthy and I am happy, my clothes fit great and I have energy to play with my kids so why diet to be this size 2 and be so hard on myself...
"Just because your skinny doesn't mean your healthy" that is what Britney and I decided as long as we are healthy and happy in our own skin then it does not matter what the scale says, I will not have a scale determine my happiness...
I have 8 more days of this diet and then I will never diet again, I will stay active and continue to eat healthy but no more scales for me... I may never be a size 2 but I will be healthy and most important I will be happy just being me, a mother of 2 amazing boys and a wife to an amazing man...
That's right girle!! Scales are over rated. Your decisions and actions make you who you are, not a scale :) Good for you!
ReplyDeleteYou said it!!!! I hear ya, I need to come to that conclusion myself!
ReplyDelete